PROPOSAL FOR REBUILDING THE SETTLEMENT OF WEST SUMATRA AND WEST JAVA EARTHQUAKE VICTIMS
Green Impact Indonesia, Integrated Urban, Drainage and Environmental – Planning and Design
West Sumatra and West Java Province (Indonesia) faced great devastation due to major earthquakes happening in September. West Java was shocked by 7.3 Richter scale earthquake on 2nd September 2009, while West Sumatra was affected by greater earthquake with 7.6 and 6.2 RS on 30th September 2009.
West Java earthquake victims were reported reaching 81 deaths, more than 1,248 people injured. And 146 areas of 178,490 internally displaced persons (IDPs) were present. Other destruction, more than 51,325 houses were badly damaged and 67,969 houses were damaged.
It was reported that the largest number of affected household was located in Southern of Bandung District (Kabupaten Bandung), which almost all of them were levelled to the ground.
Information on The West Sumatra casualties, as reported by the National Disaster Management Agency (BNPB) on 8th Oct, reached 739 deaths; 296 people missing; 863 people severely injured; and 1,356 people slightly injured. While the reported number of severely damaged houses increased to 121,679; the number of moderately damaged houses to 55,206; and the number of slightly damaged houses to 57,510. BNPB also reported that 55 health facilities; nine bridges; 1,182 places of worship; and 36 markets were destroyed. Four worst areas were Agam District; Padang Pariaman District; Padang City; and Pariaman City.
All these devastation encouraged us to assist the victims with the donors help. Our organization, Green Impact Indonesia (or used to be Gunawan & Partner), was initially set-up in 2003,
as independent architecture studio. But as time goes by, we developed our skill as group and individually in Master Planning, Drainage Planning, Social and Community Development, Sustainable Building Design.
We further develop the concept of “Low Cost, Low Technology and Low Impact Development” notion as well as integrated approach in urban as well as rural development in Indonesia.
Currently our strength comprises of 7 experts, consisting Urban Planner, Drainage Engineers, Architect, Social Facilitators, GIS Expert and Economist.
We would like to propose to assist your institutions in revitalization of earthquake areas in West Sumatra as well as West Java areas. We are proposing integrated approach of
Social as well as Physical Development, with the concentration of participatory planning and implementation. After that, we are expecting to assist all related NGO or Government Agencies on professional basis.
Thank you very much
Bandung, 13th October 2009
MSc. Environmental Management (NUS), S.T. (ITB)
Urban Planner and Researcher
Green Impact Indonesia
Integrated Urban, Drainage and Environmental Planning and Design
Mobile: +62 812 212 20842
- Materi Presentasi PDF untuk Forum Arsitektur ARCHINESIA #24: City, People, and Architecture in Surabaya
- Materi Urban Social Forum Panel 19 – Gunawan T
- Desain Rumah Usaha dan Ruang Terbuka Hijau sebagai Konsep Penataan Ruang Eco-City yang Partisipatif: Kasus Bratang Tangkis, Surabaya
- Desain Rumah Nelayan yang Berkelanjutan, menunjang Coastal Eco-city di Pulau Panggang, Kepulauan Seribu, DKI Jakarta
- The Rationale and The Impact of Feng Shui Application in Modern House Design
- Adaptive Toilet Design for Surabaya Toileting Culture, Study Case: YPAB Blind School’s Toilet Design
- LAPORAN SERVICE-LEARNING REDESAIN RUMAH ATAU TEMPAT TINGGAL UNTUK YPAB, YPAC, BILIC DAN KAMPUNG BRATANG TANGKIS
- Studi Kaitan Fungsionalitas dengan Tri Mandala dalam Rumah Bali Tenganan
- PPT for Inspiration to Creative City for Archproject ITS
- SERVICE LEARNING REPORT – COURSE C – INCLUSIVE DESIGN REDESIGN BATHING WASHING TOILETING FACILITY OF SMPLB-A YPAB AND BRATANG TANGKIS
- April 2017
- November 2016
- November 2014
- Agustus 2014
- Juli 2014
- Juni 2014
- Januari 2014
- Desember 2013
- Agustus 2013
- Juli 2013
- Mei 2013
- Januari 2013
- November 2012
- Agustus 2012
- Juli 2012
- Juni 2012
- April 2012
- Maret 2012
- Januari 2012
- November 2011
- September 2011
- Agustus 2011
- Mei 2011
- Februari 2011
- Desember 2010
- November 2010
- Juli 2010
- Juni 2010
- Mei 2010
- April 2010
- Maret 2010
- Januari 2010